Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Where Does the Time Go?

After a big celebration on Saturday, Claire's "party-day," we just took it easy on Sunday.  The kiddos and I took big fat naps and Matt got a little 'playtime' in with his hobbies, which he doesn't get too often these days.  I can't believe that tomorrow Claire will be three years old.  I'm a bit sad about it - two years old still seems like my baby, but three...that's a whole other story.  That's closer to kindergarten than birth.  That's crazy.  I suppose I will get used to it, and it's a good reminder to enjoy the time we have together at home and make the most of each day.  It's my prayer that I am thriving as a mama to these two blessings and that I don't take time with them for granted.  I'm sure every parent has thought this at one point, but 'where does the time go?'  (that's on a daily basis, for example 'what did we actually get accomplished today and has it really been eight hours since Matt left for work?' but it's also a milestones type of question like 'when did my baby start crawling and cruising?' or 'how is it that my little baby girl is three years old?').

Here's what we've been up to the past couple of days...

Happyhappyhappy boy!  LOVE HIM!
(Love our new screen door - it's the little thing like the breeze
through the house that make me happy.)


Hard at Play!
We always have so much fun mixing food coloring to figure out different colors.
Seriously, I have as much fun with it as Claire.  Here we made cloud dough
with a little baby oil and flour.


A bit too lovey!
I feel like half the time I'm praising Claire for being loving and gentle and generous, while the other half of the time I'm reminding her to be gentle and not squeeze so hard, and sometimes even putting her in a time out for pushing.  Okay, actually it's the latter reminders more than the praise.  That seven to one praise to correction ratio just isn't working for us! ;)  LOL.


One of Henry's typical faces...I love it!  We'll call it "Elvis!"
Hey Dada, this oatmeal cereal isn't too bad?!

No comments:

Post a Comment