A beautiful Saturday in October (Hmm...I see a pattern here! We had so many beautiful October days. Thank you Lord for such an awesome fall!), we headed to Patch's Pumpkin Farm in Adel with Amber, Ross, and Sage. After a wrong turn down the interstate (I won't go into details, so as to save embarrassment of the lead driver), we made it there! It was like a small petting zoo. There were llamas, donkeys, cows, goats, chickens, and horses. Claire was apprehensive of getting too close to the animals. She did have a great time playing in the 'straw maze,' which was actually just bale after bale of straw with no rhyme or reason. She was intrigued by the giant blow-up caterpillar, trying to enter the exit (against the force of a strong fan!). She probably wished she was old enough for the bounce house, too! We even got to ride on a tractor-pulled barrel train. I thought it was fun looking at all the pumpkins in the patch as we rode through, but I can't say Claire was too enthused. I think the highlight of her day was the straw bales! Who can blame her?!? ;)
(I've tried three times now to add pictures, and keep getting an 'error' message. Grrrrr....)
No comments:
Post a Comment